GROUNDLION Privacy Statement
In this Privacy Statement the following terms are defined as follows:
- GROUNDLION: GROUNDLION NV , a corporation organized and existing under the laws of Belgium, with its registered offices at B-1146 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Kortrijksesteenweg 1146, and registered with the Belgian RPR/RPM Sint-Denijs-Westrem under number 0644 729 306, including any Affiliates;
- Affiliate: Means any affiliated company (‘verbonden vennootschap’) as defined in article 11 of the Belgian Company Code;
- Website: the website of GROUND LION, www.groundlion.com, and derivative websites developed and administered by GROUND LION
- Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Processing of Personal Data
GROUND LION attaches great importance to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and safety of your Personal Data.
By accessing this Website and/or disclosing your Personal Data you expressly consent to the processing of Personal Data relating to you in accordance with the conditions set out in this Privacy Statement.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with the Belgian Act of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (hereinafter the ‘Act of 8 December 1992’), which implemented the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46 EC. In this regard GROUND LION acts as the data controller, meaning that it determines the purposes and means of processing of Personal Data.
2. What information
GROUND LION may process following Personal Data via its Website, including without limitation, through the contact form, newsletter form and cookies:
- Information about your computer or mobile device and your visits and use of the Website, including your IP address, operating system, browser type and geographical location;
- Information that you provide for signing up to the BD Cloud service, such as your first name, last name, email address, password, function, company, sales representative and country;
- Any other information that you choose to provide, by any means.
The fields of relevant forms denoted with (*) are strictly necessary for the purposes of processing. If one or more of these fields are not completed the form will not be executed. Other fields can be completed to better facilitate the provision of services by GROUND LION.
GROUND LION may process following Personal Data of business contacts of its suppliers, customers, prospects, etc.:
- Personal contact information that is provided to us, such as your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, mobile number.
3. Purposes of processing
GROUND LION may process Personal Data for its own purposes, including:
- Managing access to the BD Cloud service;
- Proper technical functioning and personalization of the Website;
- Management of requests for information;
- Conducting statistical research and analytics;
- Delivery of GROUND LION services, including without limitation, invoicing, customer relationship management;
- The handling of job applications;
- Sending a newsletter and/or advertisement, or otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
4. Transfers of Personal Data
Personal Data is only processed by GROUND LION for internal use, we do not rent or sell your Personal Data to third parties for use for their own purposes.
Within GROUND LION the data is passed on only to employees on a need to know basis.
GROUND LION makes use of data processors to process your Personal Data. Data processors are natural or legal persons, public authorities, agencies or other bodies which processes Personal Data on behalf of the GROUND LION. We make use of these processors for following purposes:
- Conducting statistical research and analytics;
- Hosting of this Website and related databases.
Personal Data may be processed outside the European Economic Area, GROUND LION will make sure appropriate safeguards are implemented.
GROUND LION may alter its corporate structure through including changing legal form, merger, acquisitions and sale of Affiliates, in such transactions Personal Data will be passed on in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable data protection law.
5. Access to Personal Data
1. Right of access to your Personal Data
Under the Act of 8 December 1992, you are entitled to access the Personal Data relating to you. For this purpose you should send your dated and signed request to GROUND LION, B-9051 Sint- Denijs-Westrem, Kortrijksesteenweg 1146, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can contact GROUND LION via email at email@example.com and furnish your email with an electronic signature.
GROUND LION will provide the information requested without delay and at the latest within 45 days of receipt of such a request.
2. Right to correct your Personal Data
Under the Act of 8 December 1992, you are also entitled to the rectify incorrect Personal Data relating to you free of charge. For this purpose you should send your dated and signed request to GROUND LION, B-9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Kortrijksesteenweg 1146, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can contact GROUND LION via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and furnish your email with an electronic signature.
You will be notified which corrections were made within one month after the submission of your request.
3. Right to oppose the processing of your Personal Data
Under the Act of 8 December 1992, you are also entitled to oppose the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You may do so free of charge and without providing any substantiation. For this purpose, please send your dated and signed request to GROUND LION, B-9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Kortrijksesteenweg 1146, enclosing a copy of your identity card, or you can also contact GROUND LION via email at email@example.com and furnish your email with an electronic signature.
Within one month after the submission of your request, you will be notified which action was taken.
6. Anonymous data
GROUND LION is permitted to collect non-personal and anonymous data when the Website is visited and anonymize Personal Data. This data does not allow GROUND LION to proceed to identify an individual person and this data can be shared with third parties, including for statistical purposes.
GROUND LION reserves the right to continually update this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was last updated: 6/14/2017.
If any of the provisions of this Privacy Statement would be wholly or partially annulled by a binding decision, this shall have no effect whatsoever on the other provisions of this Privacy Statement. GROUND LION is entitled to modify or replace such a provision by another provision which, within legal limits, has the same effect.
The failure of GROUND LION to demand strict compliance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement shall not be construed as a waiver or rejection thereof.
10. Applicable law
By visiting the Website and thus expressly accepting this Privacy Statement and the conditions therein, you agree that any dispute or claim relating to this Privacy Statement and the processing of Personal Data shall be governed by Belgian law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Kortrijk (Belgium).
If you have any questions or comments regarding the policy concerning the processing of Personal Data after reading this Privacy Statement, please contact the contact person at the address B-9051 Sint-Denijs-Westrem, Kortrijksesteenweg 1146 or via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send requests for additional general information concerning the protection of personal privacy to the Privacy Protection Commission to the address, 25 Drukpersstraat, B-1000 Brussels telephone number: +32 (0)2 274 48 00 or via email at email@example.com (www.privacycommission.be).